Chicago and Movies on the Midway
Time and Location
On this new, all-outdoor walking tour (0.5 miles), Chicago and Movies on the Midway, you'll hit five spots on Chicago's historic Midway Plaisance as you learn about their connections to early cinema and modern movies:
- At Midway Studios and Taft House, get acquainted with Lorado Taft: sculptor, teacher, writer, and early adopter of moving pictures.
- In the presence of Recording Angel, see Hollywood's first female action movie star in motion.
- On the Midway's green space, envision the first commercial movie theater.
- Finally, stand in awe of Fountain of Time, a 126-foot-long sculpture that has inspired both classic and modern filmmakers.
Join us on the Midway over Labor Day, and discover Chicago's film history in an entirely new way!
- Sold OutEarly Bird$15+$0.38 Service fee$15+$0.38 Service fee0$0
- General Admission$20+$0.50 Service fee$20+$0.50 Service fee0$0